Dear Coppermine Members and Guests,
We have been thrilled to be able to open our doors and facilities to our members and guests in our efforts to begin a return to “normalcy” during these unprecedented times because we understand the importance of Physical Activity for Healthy Living! We want to remain a safe and healthy place for you our valued members and guests.
With the winter season upon us, and in consideration of Maryland State’s updated recommendations, we need to reinforce our safety precautions for all members to follow:
- Members will continue to wear masks entering and leaving the club, in all common areas, AND (NEW!) during mild exercise or anytime you are within 6 feet of anyone
- Keep your social distancing of 6 feet between people.
- Wiping down all equipment before and after use.
- Continuously washing hands and using hand sanitizer.
- Staying out of the facility if you are experiencing any symptoms or have been around anyone with symptoms
Additionally, we ask there be no socializing in the lobby, and no guests or members waiting in the lobby area. All parents will be asked to wait outside during clinics or lessons.
Our pros, trainers and instructors will remain 6 feet away from clients and participants.
All employees are committed to continue wiping and sanitizing common areas and equipment with Lemon Quat, a medical grade germicidal cleaner and sanitizer, frequently throughout the day, and ask that members recommit to wiping down equipment before AND after each use.
We have invested in sanitizing foggers and continue to use the Hospital Grade air filters to ensure cleaner air.
Cases are on the rise and if you are keeping your distance, washing hands, wearing your face covering correctly over your nose and mouth, and are not in close proximity for greater than 15 minutes with an individual, you are doing your best to not be exposed to someone that may be symptomatic or asymptomatic.
Coppermine Racquet & Fitness
Originally Published June 17, 2020
Hello Coppermine Members!
We are …. COPPERMINE CLEAN
The minute you walk back through our doors you will experience a heartfelt welcome, but will take comfort in our completely sanitized and updated Coppermine Facilities. Our Coppermine Team has worked tirelessly behind the scenes these last few weeks to provide you with the safest environment possible upon your return.
We cannot express how deeply moved we have been by the support of our wonderful members during this trying time. We are truly grateful for each and every one of you and we look forward to getting you back to your favorite classes, workouts, and fitness regimens. While we hope you enjoyed (and found some escape) in our virtual classes, our staff and team of instructors and trainers are ready and eager to see you in person!
You can be confident knowing that we have implemented the highest standards and safety protocol.
- We will follow the CDC and Maryland Health Department protocol and guidelines which govern safe interaction in our facilities, including any health screenings, use of Personal Protective Equipment, etc. as may be required.
- For the safety of our members, guests, and staff, our Team has been comprehensively trained on the new protocol and is dedicated to following company-wide safety procedures.
- We have clearly marked traffic patterns upon entering the facility to ensure social distancing.
- Hand washing stations will be set up at all locations; upon entering the Club, all members and staff will be required to sanitize their hands.
- All staff, members, and/or guests will receive a temperature check and a medical screening when they arrive. Anyone with a fever or showing any other symptoms, will be not be allowed into the facility.
- We will continue to use Lemon Quat, a medical grade germicidal cleaner and sanitizer, on all of our hard, nonporous surfaces frequently throughout the day.
- We are in this together! All members and trainers must sanitize all equipment before and after each use with our gym wipes or Lemon Quat spray. We have added more gym wipes stations for ease-of-access.
- We have invested in the Air Oasis Air Purifier systems in our Small Studio Spaces. To help reduce the exposure to air born viruses, germs, mold, and allergens, we have installed air purifiers in our smaller studio spaces including our spin and yoga rooms.
- We have invested in all NEW Hospital Grade air filters to ensure cleaner air. These filters attract and capture airborne particles and allergens less than one micron in size such as pollen, fine dust, pet dander and capture bacteria, virus carrying particles, mold spores, and smoke. This will help reduce your risk of contracting air-born illnesses and help keep our surfaces clean throughout the day.
- We will have a reduced Club capacity. To ensure proper distancing, we will be operating at 50% capacity. This will affect the number of people who can attend our popular Group Fitness classes. Please use our app or contact the Club to reserve your spot in advance.
- Classes, Clinics, Training, & Lessons will have a reduced class size. We ask that you please have patience with our staff and arrive 10-15 mins prior to your class, clinic, or court time to allow for adequate time to check in and go through the health screening. We also recommend that you sign up for your classes ahead of time by using our app or calling the front desk because space will be limited.
- Virtual Classes will still be available for our members. Live classes for our Bare Hills and 4 Seasons locations will start in our studios on June 20th but we will continue to have virtual classes for our members to follow along at home. Please continue to reference our website and our social media platforms for our most current Coppermine @ Home schedule and resources.
- Electronic payments only. All members and guests should have a credit card on file; we ask that you please make all payments electronically and ahead of time, when possible.
- We will operate under a reduced hourly schedule until further notice. Our new hours of operation will be Monday –Friday 6am-8pm and Saturday – Sunday 7am-4pm.
- The Saunas and Steam Rooms will remain closed until further notice.
- Locker spacing. We have zip-tied 2 out of every 3 lockers to provide social distancing in the locker rooms. All items must be removed from the lockers each night.
- Cardio equipment spacing. Every other piece of cardio equipment will be marked unavailable to provide for 6 feet of social distancing.
- KIDSZONE will remain closed until further notice.
- Spin bike spacing. Every other spin bike will be marked unavailable to provide for adequate social distancing.
- Yoga & Group Fitness Room floors will be clearly marked to provide for social distancing.
- Tennis, Squash, Racquetball & Pickleball clinics and camps will be operating at 50% capacity and social distancing guidelines will always be followed. Our courts are finally available to rent once again! NOTE for SQUASH AND RACQUETBALL ONLY: reservations only. No congregating in the area; ABSOLUTELY NO GROUPS OF 4. Members and guests will not be allowed to touch the walls and only two people will be allowed on the court at a time (one person and an instructor if a clinic).
Welcome Home Surprises
🎉 BARE HILLS
- The entire facility has been cleaned and sanitized and awaits your arrival!
- The lobby, weight room, and locker rooms have been repainted.
- All benches are currently being refinished.
- The KidsZone is being completely renovated.
- COMPLETELY RENOVATED LOCKER ROOMS COMING SOON! Please note that at this time locker rooms are not available; please plan accordingly when coming to the Club.
- BRAND NEW weight room equipment and totally renovated fitness rooms.
THIS FACILITY HAS BEEN COMPLETELY RENOVATED!
Updates include but are not limited to:
- BRAND NEW Locker Rooms
- BRAND NEW Yoga Room
- BRAND NEW Group Fitness Room
- Ceilings + Paint
- Updated lobby area
- State-of-the-Art Cardio Equipment
- New weights
We look forward to seeing you for our REOPENING on June 20th at our Bare Hills and 4 Seasons locations and on June 27th at our Pikesville location. We look forward to you joining us to celebrate our amazing community!
Please note, our normal billing will resume in July for all our members. If you still feel the need to stay at home due to health issues or other unforeseen reasons, please contact us at email@example.com to freeze your membership.
Originally Published May 31, 2020
Hello Coppermine Members!
On May 6th, Governor Larry Hogan gave us some exciting news and amended his Stay at Home order to include outdoor fitness instruction for groups of up to 10 people. Our team has been working hard to develop an outdoor fitness schedule as well as operational protocols for registration, check-in, and additional safety procedures.
Currently, each outdoor class will be limited to nine participants. However, we will continue to host free virtual classes for those of you who are unable to join us in person. Sessions will be available to all members on a first-come, first-served basis and members must sign up for each class ahead of time through our online portal.
Coppermine Norris Field
5602 Cottonworth Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21209
NOTE: All Spin Classes will be held outdoors at Coppermine Bare Hills located at 1420 Clarkview Road Baltimore, MD 21209
For all of our outdoor fitness classes, please note the following:
- Session size will be limited based on current guidelines.
- Registration will be managed through our online portal Club Automation.
- The cost per session will be $10.00 per person.
- Class fees are non-refundable but if the class is cancelled dues to unforeseen circumstances (like weather) a credit will be applied to your account.
- Each session will start promptly at the scheduled time.
- Members will be asked to leave the premises at the conclusion of class (no lingering to socialize at this time).
- Members only can attend the class in person; all guests still have access to Zoom and Facebook to follow along at home.
- Participation is limited to members aged 18 & older.
- Members will be responsible for bringing their own: water, exercise mat, and towels.
- CDC guidelines for physical distancing with a minimum of 6 feet must be maintained before, during, and after all classes.
- Coppermine will provide hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes for all outdoor classes.
- Members are asked to wipe down all equipment both before and after use.
- Coppermine staff will disinfect all equipment before each class
- Bathroom facilities will not be available for use, so please plan accordingly.
- Members may wear a facial mask during class, but it is not required.
- Members & Staff may not attend any class if they are ill or suffering from any COVID-19-related symptoms; anyone showing signs of illness will be required to leave.
- Coppermine will make all cancellation decisions one hour prior to the scheduled class.
Your Coppermine Team
Originally Published March 16, 2020
Dear Coppermine Members and Guests,
Following Governor Hogan’s announcement today, we must close our facility effective immediately, March 16, 2020.
ALL Coppermine Racquet & Fitness CLASSES, CLINICS, LESSONS and TRAINING ARE SUSPENDED TEMPORARILY. THERE WILL BE NO ACCESS TO THE GYM until the government gives us the authority to re-open.
While we plan to be back on the field, in the gym, and on the court soon, our team remains committed to ensuring it is safe to do so. We greatly appreciate your flexibility, understanding, and support during this time. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates to our families as we learn more.
Be safe and stay well.
Your Coppermine Team
Originally Published March 15, 2020
Dear Members and Guests,
In this everchanging climate we have a few updates to our message you received earlier today.
Our Coppermine Team takes the health and safety of our members and employees very seriously. We believe that exercise is critical for your mental health, which also feeds your physical health by reducing stress and strengthening your immune system. We are doing everything in our power to remain open and to keep our clubs a clean safe environment.
We have increased our maintenance hours and our team is now disinfecting all hard surfaces a minimum of every 2 hours. Our cleanliness policies and procedures follow and support the Coronavirus Preparedness Plan.
Beginning today, Monday March 16th, the following protocols will also be implemented:
Effective immediately until further notice, ALL CHILDRENS ACTIVITIES AND KID ZONE ARE SUSPENDED.
ALL YOUTH FITNESS CLASSES AND LESSONS ARE CANCELLED.
ALL GROUP FITNESS CLASSES – Please check our APP or call the club for the most up to date information on adult classes as some have been cancelled. Group Fitness classes at the Pikesville location are Cancelled. The group fitness classes at the Bare Hills location will be reduced in size by 50% to provide adequate spacing and to follow the recommended CDC suggestions. Due to the reduced class size, some classes may fill up, so we strongly suggest that you arrive 20 minutes early to reserve your spot at the Service Desk.
EXERCISE EQUIPMENT – All members and guests should be wiping down all of the equipment before and after use. This includes, but not limited to, all equipment in the Weight Room, Cardio Area, Group Fitness, CrossFit, Gravity, Boot Camp and RSPT areas.
CARDIO EQUIPMENT – In order to protect the health and safety of our members, we ask that you do not use a piece of cardio equipment directly next to one that is in use. This will create space between members by eliminating the use of every other cardio machine in accordance with the CDC’s recommendations of social spacing.
MATS AND EQUIPMENT – All members must wipe down all mats and/or equipment before and after use. Members may also bring their own mats if they wish.
YOGA PROPS – Our Yoga classes will temporarily stop using soft yoga props such as blankets and straps and we will no longer be supplying yoga mats. Each person must bring their own. All members must wipe down the blocks before and after use, and our staff will also use our medical grade sanitizer on the blocks after each class. Members may bring their own personal props if they wish.
SPIN CLASSES – In order to protect the health and safety of our members and in support of the CDC’s social distancing recommendations, our cycle classes will be limited to half capacity and every other bike will be in use to provide space. All members and guests must ride with an empty bike between them.
STEAM ROOMS & SAUNAS – The Steam Rooms and/or Saunas at all locations will be temporarily closed until further notice.
SQUASH COURTS –
All Children’s Squash clinics, lesson and camps are cancelled until further notice. To keep the squash courts as clean and sanitized as possible, all members and guests must refrain from wiping and/or touching the walls with their hands, and they should have a towel with them to use as needed. All members, guests, and staff should also be using the supplied wipes and/or sanitizer on the door handles after every use.
All Children’s Tennis lessons, camps and clinics are cancelled until further notice.
All Adult programs remains as scheduled EXCEPT Lunch Leagues at both the Pikesville and Bare Hills locations which is cancelled.
We thank you for your ongoing support & understanding and for your help keeping our Coppermine Clubs a clean & safe environment.
Your Coppermine Team
P.S. We will do our best to supply hand sanitizer and we also ask that you wash your hands with soap and water when you arrive and before you leave. This is the most effective way to prevent the transmission of germs according to the CDC. For more information regarding COVID-19 disease prevention and health promotion, please refer to the CDC recommendations.
Originally Published March 13, 2020
Dear Coppermine Parents & Families,
After the address from Governor Hogan and his professional team regarding state mandates, along with the President’s afternoon address today, Coppermine has implemented the procedures and protocols listed below for our staff, families and customers. As we navigate through each day and as new information is shared, our processes and procedures will be fluid in order to be proactive and take action accordingly. The health and safety of our customers is paramount, and we will continue to update you as we learn more.
After the Governor’s most recent address that “daily life as we know it, should not come to a halt” and “businesses that are essential to society and community should remain open” we realize many families will be facing challenging child care situations due to the school closures across the state. All Coppermine facilities will remain open and operational to assist those families who have reached out and need our continued help and support. We are taking the recommended and appropriate measures to follow the state guidelines and will be implementing new protocols and procedures for our staff and customers.
We have outlined below the overall protocols we have implemented at each location and/or by activity.
(All Locations including Fitness Clubs)
- All Coppermine locations will remain open with normal hours of operation. We have stepped up our efforts and diligence with cleaning and disinfecting with particular attention to hard surfaces, door handles, railings and all equipment.
- Each health club location is equipped with disinfectant wipes; please use these before and after gym and equipment use.
- For the next 30 days, no out-of-state guests are allowed to visit any location.
- All customers that show signs of illness, please do not visit any Coppermine location (Please see COVID 19 Symptoms listed at the bottom of this email).
- All buildings will have front doors open in order to eliminate contact in high traffic areas.
- We will continue our rigorous cleaning protocols. We use products that meet the CDC recommended guidelines for sanitation.
- Hand Sanitizer stations and disposable disinfectant cleaning wipes are readily accessible throughout each location.
- We have reviewed cleaning protocols with staff. Our Group Fitness instructors are given time before and after classes to wipe equipment down.
- Our front desk staff is routinely disinfecting every couple of hours.
- We have added extra help to our Maintenance and Housekeeping team to meet this cleaning regimen.
- We are ensuring our Employees have the information they need to stay healthy, and Employees not feeling well are being asked to stay home and self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Employees who have traveled out of town will need to wait a period of 14 days before they return to work.
- Members who have traveled out of state must wait a period of 14 days before coming to the club.
- All children and all guests should wash their hands before touching anything, frequently and again before leaving.
- If you have been in direct contact with someone who tested presumptive positive, please follow the CDC guidelines and refrain from visiting any Coppermine facility until the designated time period has passed.
- If you have traveled internationally in the last few weeks to one of the countries with Level II or Level III warnings, please follow the guidelines provided by the CDC; countries with travel alerts are located here.
- Please see COVID 19 symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
(Coppermine Soccer Club / Coppermine Lacrosse Club / Coppermine Gymnastics Club)
- We are taking the upcoming week off to evaluate new practice times to limit the number of participants per field or location and we will communicate this through a separate email as to when play will resume.
- Protocols for practices and training will be the following:
- All participants must come with their own labeled water bottles
- All bags and equipment will be placed with distance between each participant
- No high fives, group cheers, or long lines.
- Coaches will not have group huddles or group talks and keep players in smaller groups
- Participants who have traveled out of state must wait a period of 14 days before coming to training
- We request that all parents drop their children off and remain in their cars until training is over to encourage social distancing
SCHOOLS OUT CAMPS / SPRING CAMPS
- All camps are running as normal to meet the requests for working parents that need child care
- All Campers must bring shelf stable lunches in labeled bags inside of labeled back packs
- All Campers must have labeled drinking bottles that are accessible throughout the day
- Campers will be required to wash their hands frequently throughout the day.
- Campers who have traveled out of state must wait a period of 14 days before coming to camp
- No high fives, group cheers or long lines in camp are allowed
REGULAR CLASSES / CLINICS / BIRTHDAY PARTIES
(Dance / Soccer / Lacrosse / NFL Flag / Tennis / Baseball / Gymnastics / Birthday Parties / etc)
- All programs are running as normal.
- All participants must have labeled drinking bottles that are accessible throughout the class.
- Participants will be required to wash their hands upon entering the building.
- Participants who have traveled out of state must wait a period of 14 days before coming to class.
- All Parents with children over the age of 7 are encouraged to wait in their cars during classes to encourage social distancing.
- No high fives, group cheers or long lines in classes are allowed.
- Updated curriculum.
- All toys will be removed from the parent waiting areas until further notice.
- We ask that any employee, customer, or vendor to please avoid Coppermine programs and locations if experiencing any of the COVID 19 symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html